Friday, August 13, 2010

Poem #1

Melancholy of Half-heart


It was time for the symphony to begin

And I faced the curtains with a grin

As velvet-satins threw open amidst me

I thought of happy thoughts all around me


The flute, clarinet, bassoon, and trombone

Were happily playing as they were blown

The violin, cello, double bass, and viola

Were singing their strings during the coda


It was fanciful, I guess, and that I felt so alive

For music was my life, music was mine

And all what I thought of was music alone-

Music of love that came from my soul


A love that is softer than any aria

A love that is more vivid than any orchestra

A love that I defined as a blooming rose

A love that my heart seeks to compose


That love I had felt for some years in the past

Still haunts my mind as time grew fast

That single love that tangled my heart

And burst it open in a single dart


That love was short lived, just so you know

Back then I believed that we wouldn’t let go

But I was wrong, half-heart was weak

Half-heart never got to kiss my cheek


And so the story, like the orchestra,

Young love needs to end its quirky agenda

And like the orchestra, I dare to compare

Young love ends crashing down in despair

No comments:

Post a Comment