Saturday, March 23, 2013

Adding another stick to the tally

I am celebrating my 19th birthday today. Right! It's the 23rd of March again. I can't believe how time flies by so fast. I guess it's a sign that am getting old. I mean, like, serious old. Not to make fun of those adults there. It's just that I don't really feel that youthful enthusiasm when my birthday comes near anymore. But even so, I still feel happy today. I guess birthdays can really release endorphin (or was that serotonin?). I am happy because my friends greeted me at twelve midnight. I was surprised because they were just waiting online, not talking to me, and suddenly come bursting out after twelve with their greetings. They sent me messages and also pictures of me with them with captions that warmed my heart so much.

I admit that I am really happy today. But I could not deny the fact that I do feel a bit of sadness. Since I, again, made someone feel bad (so to speak). Well, I guess it wasn't really much my fault but I believe that I was just too straight forward to announce something that did not sound good to a certain someone. I liked how that person talked to me. How I obviously become flattered with the compliments. How I admired the sense of humor that person had while talking to me. Not to mention how I felt special to those set of eyes. But even with those pleasantries, I couldn't let it continue any further. I wouldn't want that person to have hopes into a hopeless case. So, blatantly, I urged the person to stop. It was a first for that person to be rejected in such a manner. I was showered with sweetness. But I could not return the favor. I haven't spoken with that person since 12:50 AM today. I expected that we'd still communicate like before even if I already blocked a certain path. So I just told myself that maybe it was for the best. But yeah, I guess I should just give some space and time. And I wont talk much about it specially here since that someone likes to research.

So my day didn't really start off as great as I expected. But as I fell beneath the murky waters of the dream world, I felt at ease. Waking up, I just tried to think positive and look forward to the things that I will be doing today. The first thing I saw in my phone's inbox was a message from my mom. It was sweet of her to send me a message since she knows I wouldn't be able to wake up early enough before she leaves for work. My sister also greeted me with a photo and a caption through Facebook. So, basically, I spent most of the morning replying to greetings sent by friends and family. During lunch, mom blessed the meal and offered prayers for me. We had spaghetti. It was a simple meal since we planned to splurge tomorrow as a double celebration for me and my sister who just graduated from high school. 

Now, I will still have to make the house look presentable for my visitors later this evening. I invited my high school buddies for a drink and some pulutan. I do hope I pull this hosting thing later. I am not used to having visitors around the house. 

So yeah, today is certainly my birthday. I hope that my wish this year would come true. :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment